HARRISBURG – Rep. Stephen Barrar (R-Chester/Delaware) announced today that the Office of the State Fire Commissioner is awarding grants to fire, ambulance and rescue squads statewide, including several in Chester and Delaware counties.
The grants, which are being awarded through the 2019-20 Fire Company and Emergency Medical Service Grant Program, may be used for construction or renovation of a unit’s station, the purchase or repair of equipment, training or debt reduction. The program is funded solely from state gaming proceeds.
“Most communities in our Commonwealth rely on our emergency services personnel to save lives and property,” said Barrar. “I am pleased to know that fire and ambulance companies in the 160th Legislative District will receive grants totaling nearly $133,000, which will assist them in serving our communities.”
The grant recipients are as follows:
• Kennett Fire Co. No. 1, Fire $14,248.
• Kennett Fire Co. No. 1, EMS $ 9,192.
• Longwood Fire Co., Fire $14,248.
• Longwood Fire Co. EMS $ 9,192.
• Bethel Township Hose Co. No. 1 $13,153.
• Boothwyn Fire Co. No. 1, Fire $13,290.
• Boothwyn Fire Co. No. 1, EMS $ 8,457.
• Concordville Fire & Protective Association, Fire $14,248.
• Concordville Fire & Protective Association, EMS $ 9,192.
• Ogden Fire Co. $13,289.
• Reliance Hook & Ladder Volunteer Fire Co. $14,111.
To see the complete list of grants, go here
Representative Stephen E. Barrar
Pennsylvania House of Representatives
Media Contact: Donna Pinkham